Monday, July 11, 2011

Where do I go from here?

There are so many opportunities that spread out before me. There are so many roads to go down. How can I possibly choose?

I find myself standing at a crossroads. Several in fact:

-Do I continue with the job I have, one that makes me unhappy, or do I find something temporary and go back to school?
-Do I stay here in Georgia or do I move in with friends in Florida?
-Should I hope for a potential relationship with a friend or walk away for good?
-Should I pursue a career or a personal life? A passion? A love?

The choices seem endless. I don't know where God will lead me or what I will be doing a year from now, but I do know I don't want to spend another moment feeling like I'm not living life to the fullest.

So I'm letting go.

I'm choosing to trust God to take me down the paths he has for me and believe that I'll get to where I'm going when the time is right. In the meantime, I'm not going to worry myself into being miserable.

Instead, I'm going to focus on finding happiness in my present circumstances.

Let me be clear: letting go does not mean walking away. Letting go means continuing to hope and dream, but surrendering what you want the outcome to be and trusting that it will be what you need.

I'm saying no to the the negative and I'm opening myself up to Love. Love of life, love of beauty, love of now. What will be, will be. In the mean time, I'm focusing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment