Monday, June 20, 2011

Where are the Jacob Jankowski's?



Tonight I saw Water For Elephants and do you know what struck me most?

Jacob's love for Marlena was so strong that he kept coming back again and again.

When it was easy to walk away, give up the fight and just forget about her he chose instead to come back. He pursued her, he was gentle with her and yet he had an iron will. His love for her out-shined any obstacle standing in their way.

He didn't desert her or walk away when things got tough and do you know what that makes him?

A real man.

The only thing I kept thinking was that I deserve someone who will love me like that. Because that's real love. I will not have to chase after it and watch as it slips from my fingers and pulls a disappearing act. I will not have to wait by the phone--that's not my job. My job is to be pursued, wooed and cherished. I should not have to look longingly after a guy as he's walking away. A man should look at me and see an angel, a star, his very own Marlena.

I deserve a Jacob. I won't settle for anything less.


2 comments:

  1. "Any woman's worth everything that any man has to give: anguish, ecstasy, faith, jealousy, love, hatred, life or death. Don't you see that's the whole excuse for our existence? It's what makes the whole thing possible and tolerable." -Alan Squier from "The Petrified Forest"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You don't need a man. You need a Champion." -Eat Pray Love

    ReplyDelete